College / Career


Private / Recreational

Home / FAQ


Does Cornwall Aviation train Foreign Students?

We are pleased to offer flight training to non-Canadian students who have the proper documentation and have applied and been accepted into our programs. We have been training students from around the world for many years. Your first requirement will be to apply to our school and, if accepted, then to contact the nearest Canadian Embassy or High Commission to apply for the necessary student visas.

We strongly recommend students obtain Travel and Health insurance prior to coming to Canada.

What form of payment is accepted?

We accept Visa, MasterCard, Interac or cash for payments which must be made daily after flight lessons. We do not require any advance payments. The credit card must belong to the customer. To use a parent’s card, please contact the school directly.

Can I get an Income Tax Receipt?

At the conclusion of your training, upon request, we will be pleased to issue you an Income Tax receipt for the applicable training. We are authorized to give these receipts for the Canadian government and the Quebec government.

I need to get done. How long will it take me to finish?

If you would like a quote for time and cost to complete your licence or rating, please send us your details on our “Contact Us” site and we will be happy provide you information. We specialize in helping students get courses finished, especially IFR ratings.

I am new to this. How do I get my Private Pilot Licence or Recreational Pilot Permit?

If you would like to send us your contact information on our “Contact Us” site, we will be happy to send you an outline for these courses, both great ways to start flying!

Do I need a medical?

Yes, for the Recreational Pilot Permit you need a Category 4 medical, which can be done at your family doctor. We have forms here for you.

For the Private Pilot Licence and all other licences and ratings you need a medical with a Civil Aviation Medical Examiner (CAME). We would be happy to send you contact information for the closest CAME’s to you. Just ask us on our “Contact Us” page.
Travel and Lodging - I need a place to stay!

Cornwall Aviation is located at the Cornwall Regional Airport, just off exit #804, on Highway 401. We are approximately one hour from Ottawa and Montreal. We would be pleased to send you driving directions.

The closest major airports are Montreal-Pierre Elliot Trudeau, and Ottawa International. Cornwall is also serviced by bus and train routes. Please contact us for schedule information.

There are many forms of lodging around the airport and nearby area, and we would be pleased to help you find one to suit your needs. It you let us know the type of accommodation you are looking for we can send you phone and email contacts.

How long has Cornwall Aviation been in business?

We have been in aviation flight training for over 39 years. We bought the company from the founders (our parents!) in 1979. Cornwall Aviation is still family owned and operated today. We are proud of our school and our students and work hard to help them achieve their goals. When visiting our office you can see the locations on the map showing the many nations our students have come from. We have graduates flying all over the globe, on many types of aircraft, and in many different companies. If a customer wants to discuss their training they can talk to an owner on the premises who is ready to listen and help advise. Our students are not numbers, they really matter to this friendly family and staff.